Most Popular Post

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Empire of Sin Review: Mat Sense Reviews



Mat Sense Reviews




So I have fallen in love with book reviews, sue me...gives me something to do during the chatty bits of RAW.

In keeping with the reviews of books from Blogging for Books. I am next going to be checking Gary Krist's Empire of Sin: A Story of Sex, Jazz, Murder, and the Battle for Modern New Orleans. I am linking the book to see if there are others who want to put their own two pennies into the bank. I am a sucker for True Crime and History. So this is going to be awesomeness all over the place.  I am getting my hard copy in a few week or two. Got my digital copy for a read, but I want the latest version to give the best review, not an ARC.

The Big Easy has a very unique vibe to say the least, and reading about its germination and growth as a town is something that intrigues me. Seeing a city on the edge of greatness and corruption is fascinating to say the least. Also let no one say the folks in that town are not survivors.

What does this have to do with combat sports, honestly not probably enough, but hell...there has to be time between the fights right?   New Orleans is a place that breeds characters. Sweet southern vibe, spicy Cajun food and Voodoo, these all lend themselves to unique faces, heels and even the Tweener if going the Pro Wrestling Route.

So let's step inside the Crescent City, hearing the strains of jazz and enjoying that perfect hurricane. Its time to get my and your read on!

Get it at amazon!
Hot Jazz and Good times



After this bad boy is done, I am going on to review more books in the spy genre, so lets get our James Bond and George Smiley on!

No comments:

Post a Comment